Anne is a trial attorney, and one of the nation’s most recognized legal analysts. Her practice emphasizes civil rights, catastrophic loss, defense, and criminal law. In her 35 years of practice, she has been lead counsel for many highly-publicized court cases. Anne is a regular contributing legal analyst on TV and cable, having appeared many times on networks including CNN, Fox, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, the BBC and others.
As a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the Criminal Division of the King County Prosecutor’s Office in Seattle from 1983 to 1988, Anne specialized in prosecuting sex crimes, where she successfully tried over 200 cases.
She graduated from Stanford University receiving a B.A. with honors, and as an attorney has a perfect 10 AVVO rating.
She has been voted one of the best lawyers in Seattle magazine and in Seattle Metropolitan magazine numerous times.
Seattle magazine also voted her one of Seattle’s Top 25 most influential people. Washington Law & Politics listed Anne as one of the 25 Smartest People in Washington State in 2003.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers – Chosen as National Representative to give Inductee Response
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers – Board of Directors & State Co-Chair
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Cover of Seattle Law and Politics: “Woman in Law” Feb. 2002
- The Top women lawyers in Washington State Seattle Met Magazine 2015
- Former State Publicity Vice-President and Board Member for Washington Women Lawyers
- “AV Preeminent” rated for 27 years
- Perfect “10” rating AVVO
- Cover of Super Lawyers The Seattle Metropolitan Magazine 2015 “The Rock Star”
- Top 50 Women Washington Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers consistently since 1999
- Super Lawyer Corporate Counsel Edition – Top Attorneys in Civil & Criminal Litigation 2009, 2016, and 2017
- Recipient of the Praeses Elit Award by Trinity College Law School Dublin, Ireland